Hush, Hush


Hush, Hush
By: Becca Fitzpatrick

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

summary from book

My Rating: 4.5/5

Hush, Hush is everything I expected it to be in a very good way. The hype for this novel just kept building until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to purchase and read it as soon as possible. I haven't been so excited to read a novel in quit some time and I am so happy that I picked it up earlier than later. I think it's safe to say that I'm already a little (okay, more than a little) obsessed with this series.

This book has a lot of elements that many people- myself included- are drawn to. It is the kind of book that reels you in and holds your attention until the very last word. There's forbidden love, suspense, anticipation, and the darkly mysterious quintessential bad-boy that you can't help but fall for.

Patch is a very memorable character. There's just something about him that you can't pinpoint directly although that doesn't stop you from smiling a little every time he's mentioned. Nora is a great character as well. I can relate to her on many levels, especially when it comes to always having to be in control and playing things safe. I think she's realistic and she balances Patch and his strong personality very well. The chemistry between the two is fantastic. Their flirtatious interactions and back and forth banter was a lot of fun to read.

 Hush, Hush is very action packed. This is a page turner for sure. I could have finished this book in one sitting but I chose to pace myself because I know it's going to be a little wait until the sequel Crescendo is published. There are a lot of twists and turns that I did not see coming that made reading this novel all the more exciting. I love the concept of fallen angels; I think it's very creative as well as interesting. The background information that Becca created was fascinating to say the least.

Also, I've seen a lot of people comparing this book to Twilight (which seems to be the case with almost any paranormal book these days) and after having read Hush, Hush for myself, I really don't see that many similarities content wise. Both books contain a paranormal element as well as forbidden love and an addictive quality that you can't quite place. They are however vastly different in plot and in character. I think that like Twilight, Hush, Hush has the potential to be really popular. So many people are already completely consumed with this story. I wouldn't be surprised if it were made into a movie in the future either. Paranormal is all the rage these days.

I definitely recommend this book. I think it has something for everyone. I for one, still have so many questions that I can't wait to have answered. I'm highly looking forward to the sequel!

4 comments:

  1. Yet another person i'm jealous of that has read Hush, Hush! it looks so good:)
    I'm glad you enjoyed it though

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of hush, hush. I really want to read it. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got this! oh, ps, thanks for following me =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/08/2010

    I've already read this and your right it is a very addictive book..:)

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Get In Touch